Many people may decide to build their home without an architect, but there will always be the question of whether the permits, details and other technical aspects are correct without an adequate guidance from an experienced professional. The same happens when managing a project: we can have the team and the good intentions, but an expert in project management is the one who will keep us in check, delivering on time, budget, and scope; their practice unites clients and teams, creates a vision for a successful project and gets everyone on the same page of what’s needed to stay on track for success of the business or organization.
Among the multiple benefits of having effective project management, we bring our 7 that are the most important:
- Process Focused
- Quality Control
- Detail Oriented
- Engagement: project management contributes significantly to a business’ objectives and goals by taking your ideas from conception to reality. Working with you, as a business owner, to accomplish your goals and objectives provides continuous engagement and a sense of belonging with you and your team while working towards and ensuring alignment to business objectives ad strategies.
- Leadership: leadership and direction are key in leading and managing projects. It’s leadership without micromanagement, because it establishes clear roles and responsibilities for every person on the team, providing vision, goals, engagement, motivation and coaching when necessary.
- Process Focused: ensures the right people do the right things at the right time and that proper project process is followed throughout the project’s lifecycle. Being process-focused also helps by implementing processes where the tasks are repetitive to provide alignment, reduce errors and increase the motivation of the team – which can provide team members more time to grow, develop and look into opportunities of specializing in areas of interest as well as bring or contribute to new ideas to grow your business.
- Mentorship: guides the team members to success, providing advice, assisting them in identifying cost saving opportunities, helping with benchmarking efforts, and enabling to develop new skills and perspectives. Effective communication, guidance and empowerment can all help drive the team to better project performance and results.
- Quality Control: it promotes the quality of the project, deliverables and goals. It will ensure the existence of KPI’s, periodic revision phases and ROI to understand if the project needs to be adjusted or identifying the points that need improvement, making appointments with the team responsible periodically the steps of the process.
- Detail Oriented: Being detail-oriented and accurate can go hand-in-hand when it comes to project management, as it helps to ensure plans and processes are running correctly and smoothly, the team is doing their job, and the project is aligned with the business’ goals and objectives.
- Oversight: facilitates the monitoring/tracking of the project, predicting any changes in project delivery, outcome, planning or goals. This benefit of having oversight increases trust within your business and amongst your team.
Project management is a key piece that can lead to your business’ success, as it ensures stability, uniform work and delivery times. It’s also essential for the team, since it guarantees that each one knows their roles and responsibilities, allowing them to have autonomy and be accountability for their job.
At IBOSS Inc., our primary business objective is to provide the leadership capabilities to successfully guide, manage, and support your organizational goals and give you the peace of mind needed to focus on growing your business.
Contact us today (link in bio) to set up a Discovery Session for us to meet and learn more about your business needs and challenges.